We are looking for Room Parents!
Are you interested in being a Room Parent for your child's classroom? Room Parents act as the liaison between the teachers and classroom parents and provide direct support for the classroom as directed by the teacher.
To express your interest in becoming a Room Parent, send an email to our room parent coordinator, Mrs. Townsend at bronzevilleroomparents@
gmail.com. if selected, you must:
- An email that you check regularly;
- Complete the CPS Volunteer Application Process, Level 1 (background check, finger printing and TB Test) by Friday, September 6th;
- Attend a forma interest meeting. The date and time will be shared at the Parent Orientations and Back to School Picnic.
At the mandatory meeting, the role and responsibilities of a Room Parent will be discussed and the final selection process will be shared.
Become a CPS approved volunteer
To learn how you can become involved and explore our current volunteer opportunities, click hereIf you are not on the CPS Approved Volunteer List, you cannot be allowed to volunteer in any capacity inside of the school when students are present. You can become a CPS approved volunteer by signing up through CiviCore.Please visit the site below and sign up today!
To Create Your CiviCore Account:
2) Select Bronzeville Classical School (There is another high school with a similar name)
3) Complete the application.
4) Check your e-mail.
Prospective volunteers must register with FACE2 by completing the required CPS volunteer application forms and satisfying the requirements of the applicant review process each year. Registration is valid for one year only. All volunteers must disclose whether they have been convicted of any criminal offense enumerated in 105 ILCS 5/34-18.5(c). Misrepresentation on any of the application forms or during the review process may result in immediate disqualification of a prospective volunteer.An individual shall be deemed ineligible to volunteer if s/he has been:
A. convicted of any criminal offense enumerated in 105 ILCS 5/34-18.5(c) of the Illinois School Code (“Enumerated Offense”);
B. convicted of an offense that requires him/her to appear on a sex offender registry in any jurisdiction; or
C. designated as ineligible for rehire by CPS.
An individual with an indicated finding from the Department of Children and Family Services or with a criminal offense that does not per se exclude them from volunteer service may be deemed ineligible to volunteer as determined by the Chief Executive Officer or designee.
Level I & Level II volunteer application processAll individuals who are interested in volunteering (includes chaperoning field trips) must be approved by CPS. Depending on the level of volunteering you plan to do, you will be asked to complete an application for either a “Level I” or “Level II” volunteer.
- Level I - The newest tier to volunteering. In order to become a Level I volunteer, you must complete the application, provide fingerprints, get a background check and take a TB test.
- Level II - Requires you to complete the volunteer form for CPS and submit your ID for verification.
- Act as an activity leader without the presence of a CPS or Bronzeville Classical representative
- Field trips where kids are grouped and assigned to a parent (Zoo, a museum, etc.)
- Any unsupervised activity by a CPS or Bronzeville Classical official
(Please note: It is a CPS requirement that you fall into one of these two levels to become a volunteer)
Step 1: Complete the volunteer form for CPS
This form is necessary for CPS to verify you have students in the system and that they attend the school you are requesting to volunteer at.
Step 2: Bring a government issued ID to the Bronzeville Classical staff office or send a picture of one for verification. If you do not do this step, the process will not move forward.
For Level II, process ends here. For Level 1, you must also do the following:
Step 3: After you submit your ID, you will receive an email from CPS which will contain links and information for fingerprinting, background check and TB test.
For fingerprinting, please fill out this form and take to any Accurate Biometrics location. For the TB test, use this form. These tests can be completed at MercyWorks locations. Please note, there is a $20 TB test fee.
Step 4: Email copies of both the fingerprints and TB test to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sooner they receive these forms, the faster your application can be processed. Please note, fingerprints can take 2-5 weeks to process.